Green New Deal: Early Lessons Learned from the Republic of Korea, Rwanda and the European Union
Organized by UNDP Seoul Policy Centre and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea
Date/Time: Thursday, 10 December 2020 | 7:35 PM Seoul Time | 5:35 AM NY Time | 11:35 AM Brussels Time | 12:35 PM Kigali Time
This webinar is co-organized by the Korea Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UNDP Seoul Policy Centre (USPC). It is the second event on the theme of the Green New Deal and the third event under USPC’s “Build Back Better” series. The discussion will include senior policymakers and experts.
BPPS Deputy Director Adriana Dinu will be one of the panelists, along with an opening video message from Mr. Ban Ki Moon, former UN Secretary-General, live speakers include Climate Change Ambassador Yeonchul Yoo, Korea Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Hon Minister Mujawamariya Jeanne d'Arc, Ministry of Environment, Govt of Rwanda; Ms. Sandrine Dixson-Declève, Co-President, the Club of Rome; Dr. Imme Scholz, Deputy Director, German Development Institute; Mr. Maxwell Gomera, UNDP Resident Representative, Rwanda and Prof Tae Yong Jung Yonsei University, Korea.
The webinar will focus on the challenges and opportunities and political-economy issues that are the most important in the current context of green recovery.
- HE. Ban Ki Moon, Former Secretary General of the United Nations
- Yoo Yeon Chul, Ambassador for Climate Change, Republic of Korea
- Stephan Klingebiel, Director, UNDP Seoul Policy Centre
- Sarwat Chowdhury, Policy Specialist, UNDP Seoul Policy Centre
- Adriana Dinu, Deputy Assistant Administrator, UNDP
- Jung Tae Yong, Professor, Yonsei University
- Jeanne d'Arc Mujawamariya, Minister of Environment, Republic of Rwanda
- Maxwell Gomera, Resident Representative, UNDP Rwanda
- Sandrine Dixson-Decleve, Co-President, The Club of Rome
- Imme Scholz, Deputy Director, German Development Institute