Local Democracy Talk - "If gender champions rule our cities"
by ICLD - Swedish International Centre for Local Democracy
Inspired by the Swedish foreign policy initiative, Drive for Democracy, ICLD organises high-level political panels called “Local Democracy Talks”. The aim of the talks is to create a constructive dialogue and exchange of experiences among leading local politicians to strengthen democratic governance.
First out is #LocalDemocracyTalks in Kenya the 2nd March with the theme: "If gender champions rule our cities: Key policies to create a more equal world from below".
The talk is organised in cooperation with the Embassy of Sweden in Nairobi and UCLG Africa.
Welcome by Caroline Vicini, Swedish Ambassador in Kenya, Head of Mission Permanent Representative to UNEP and UN-HABITAT
- Adelina Mwau Ndeto, Deputy Governor, Makueni County, Kenya
- Amelie Tarschys Ingre, Councilor and Chair of the Education Committee in Lidingö – Sweden
- Jimmy Jansson, Mayor of the city of Eskilstuna, Sweden
- Nereah Amondi Oketch, Member of County Assembly in Homa Bay County, Kenya
- Jacqueline Moustache Belle, Director of the Gender and Youth Department (REFELA) of UCLG Africa
- Moderator: Johan Lilja, Secretary General ICLD
More info about Local Democracy Talks: icld.se/localdemocracytalks