SDG Moment 2021
The Sustainable Development Goals are a blueprint for fighting poverty and hunger, confronting the climate crisis, achieving gender equality and much more, within the next ten years. At a time of great uncertainty, the SDGs show the way forward to a strong recovery from COVID-19 and a better future for all on a safe and healthy planet.
Convened by the UN Secretary-General, the second SDG Moment of the Decade of Action will be held virtually on Monday, 20 September 2021 from 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
As the world is grappling with the COVID-19 pandemic and major challenges to progress across the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, the SDG Moment will seek to:
- Reinforce the continued relevance of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and build momentum in advance of major summits and intergovernmental meetings.
- Highlight urgent actions needed to ensure COVID-19 response and recovery efforts are equitable, inclusive and accelerate the transition to sustainable development.
- Demonstrate that transformative change at scale is possible between now and 2030.
The meeting will convene leaders from over 30 Member States as well as champions for the SDGs from civil society, the private sector and international partners. It will be accessible to everyone, everywhere through UN media channels including:
- UN WebTV [ http://webtv.un.org/]
- Facebook [@UNwebTV]
- Twitter [@UNwebTV]
- YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/UNITEDNATIONS]
Stay tuned for announcements on speakers and special guests over the coming weeks here: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sdg-moment/