17 Feb 2020 - The year 2020 marks the 5th cycle of the Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation (Guangzhou Award). The Guangzhou Award serves as a platform for the sharing and exchange of innovative practices in the local implementation of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and New Urban Agenda (NUA). Its objective is to contribute to the creation of inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable cities and human settlements.
The Guangzhou Award invites your city or region to submit ongoing or recently completed innovative initiatives related to the themes highlighted by the SDGs and the commitments of NUA. Join us and share your experience with the sustainable development community worldwide! CLICK HERE AND APPLY NOW
About the Guangzhou Award
The Guangzhou Award is co-sponsored by United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), World Association of the Major Metropolises (Metropolis), and City of Guangzhou, and supported by ICLEI and C40. The award aims to recognize innovation in improving social, economic and environmental sustainability in cities and regions and, in so doing, to advance the prosperity and quality of life of their citizens.
The Guangzhou Award is open to all local governments worldwide, including members of UCLG, Metropolis, ICLEI, and C40.
The criteria that are applied to the Guangzhou Award assessment include innovativeness, effectiveness, replicability/transferability, significance and relevance of the initiative to the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda.
- Early Bird Submission Deadline: 1st June 2020
- Final Submission Deadline: 1st July 2020
What to expect
● Up to 15 shortlisted cities and up to 30 deserving cities will be discerned and selected by the Technical Committee. All 45 cities will be featured in specialized publications and many will be invited to share their experiences in international events.
● 2 representatives of each of the 15 shortlisted cities will be invited to share lessons learned at the International Seminar on Learning from Urban Innovation. This seminar will be held under the framework of the “Global Mayors Forum 2020, XIII METROPOLIS World Congress 2020, UCLG World Council Meetings 2020 & 2020 Guangzhou Award”.
● Up to 5 winners among the shortlisted cities will be selected by the Jury and each will be granted US$ 20,000, a trophy and a commemorative certificate; shortlisted cities other than the winners will be granted Medals of Honour.
● The shortlisted city that obtains the most votes in the “Online Vote: The City of Your Choice” will be recognized as the “Online Popular City”.
How to submit
Fill out and submit the application form at: http://www.guangzhouaward.org/index/user/login.html
CONTINUE READING: http://www.guangzhouaward.org/p/e_applynow