Launch of the 2021 State of Cities Climate Finance Report
30 June 2021, 9.00 EST / 14.00 BST / 15.00 CEST
The report, produced by the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance in partnership with the World Bank Group, provides the most comprehensive snapshot of the state of urban climate finance as well as innovative enabling frameworks for mobilizing urban climate finance at scale. During the 60-minute session, the report authors will present key findings, followed by reflections and discussions with panelists.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Kathy Baughman McLeod, Senior Vice President and Director, Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center at the Atlantic Council
- Sandrine Boukerche, Climate Change Specialist, World Bank
- Barbara Buchner, Global Managing Director, Climate Policy Initiative (Alliance Secretariat)
- Angela Falconer, Director, Climate Policy Initiative (Alliance Secretariat)
- David Mason, Urban Development Specialist, World Bank
- Lin O’Grady, Associate Director / Co-lead Green Cities, Sustainable Infrastructure Group, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Mauricio Rodas, Visiting Fellow for Penn Institute For Urban Research and former Mayor of Quito, Ecuador
- Bella Tonkonogy, Associate Director, Climate Policy Initiative (Alliance Secretariat)
- Sameh Wahba, Global Director of Urban Disaster Risk Management, Resilience and Land Global Practice, World Bank
- Jürgen Zattler, General Director for International Development Policy, Agenda 2030 and Climate, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Germany
Please find here a publicity pack with suggested posts and banners to promote the event.