The URBAN FUTURE global conference is Europe’s largest event for sustainable cities. But it is also so much more than that. It’s a community of passionate CityChangers from all over the world.
Dates: June 16-18, 2021
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Active, passionate, and visionary decision-makers – we call them CityChangers – are the ones who drive change and create sustainable urban spaces.
Are you making your city greener, happier, healthier, and more sustainable? Let’s get going then! Join the revolution for better cities and be part of UFGC21 in Rotterdam.
The four focus areas are changing from year to year, taking into consideration any input we get from local and international stakeholders.
The next UFGC edition in Rotterdam will shape around the following core themes:
- Urban Mobility: Whether you want to get cars off of streets, to become the new cycling capital, or to encourage more men to take public transport, you’ll soon run into both systemic and behavioural obstacles. Learn how to overcome them: by, for and with the next generation.
- Skills and Leadership: Any project's success depends on leaders who are able to convene a powerful team, who nurture their followers and teach the skills they learned by winning and making mistakes along the way. Let’s listen to and connect with some of the most exciting urban leaders around.
- Circular: Looking back, we’ll be puzzled by how we could think it was normal to simply throw away so much stuff. When recounting how we got ourselves out of this literal mess, we’ll be more baffled still. It's people like you and me who just did things differently.
- Districts: People identify with their neighbourhoods. Discover how to make them livable (again), where architecture and district visions are going hand in hand, and what brownfield redevelopments can do for better cities.
At UFGC you will meet the most passionate, innovative and inspiring professionals from:
- Cities and municipalities
- Real Estate
- Architecture and urban planning
- Research, innovation, and science
- National and regional governments
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Maria Vassilakou, Former Deputy Mayor of Vienna | Austria
Gerald Babel-Sutter, Founder & CEO UFGC | Graz | Austria
Lior Steinberg, Urban Planner & Co-Founder Humankind | Rotterdam | Netherlands
Orna Rosenfeld, Global Advisor on Housing, Author, Scientist & Award-Winning Urban Strategist | Paris | France
Erion Veliaj, Mayor of Tirana | Albania
Clara Muzzio, Minister of Public Space and Urban Hygiene at the City of Buenos Aires | Argentina
Jennifer Keesmaat, CEO of The Keesmaat Group | Toronto | Canada
David Sim, Creative Director at Gehl | Copenhagen | Denkmark
Mikael Colville-Andersen, Urban Designer & TV Host, Colville-Andersen Studio | Copenhagen | Denmark
Gina Gylver, Leader at Nature and Youth - Young Friends of the Earth Norway | Oslo | Norway
Miriam Staley, CEO and Founder of Leading Minds Worldwide | London | UK
Jorn Wemmenhove, Creative Strategist & Co-Founder of Humankind | Rotterdam | Netherlands
For more details, visit the UFGC21 website: https://www.urban-future.org/