The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) Division for Public Institutions and Digital Governance (DPIDG) through is Project Office on Governance (UNPOG) in collaboration with the Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MOIS) and Incheon Metropolitan City would like you to save the date on 17 - 19 October 2023 to join us for the 7th Regional Symposium on Effective Governance and Digital Transformation for Accelerating Progress towards the 2030 Agenda - Promoting Sustainable Resilient and Innovative Solutions.
The 7th Regional Symposium will aim to raise awareness of critical public governance issues examine current and future trends and provide new approaches and methodologies to support Member States in developing their capacities to accelerate their commitments toward achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Symposium will reflect upon the commitments made during the 2023 SDG Summit and examine the actions needed for accelerated sustained and transformative action to deliver the SDGs. During the high-level opening and setting-the-scene session titled "The Mid-Way Point Towards 2030: From Government Commitments to Sustained action to Deliver the SDGs: Key accelerators and Innovative Solutions" the stage will be set for in-depth discussions with experts on key thematic areas and pave the way for collaborative actions that will accelerate sustainable development. In line with the Quintet of Change for the UN 2.0, thematic sessions and learning lab, the Symposium will focus on key accelerators for transformative change at national and local levels and will examine the following:
- Strategic foresight for forward-looking policies and programmes in the context of uncertainty.
- Digital data governance to accelerate digital transformation.
- Innovation and digital transformation at the local level for better public service delivery.
- Results-oriented climate action through effective policy-making processes institutional arrangements and multilevel governance approaches.
- Behavioural science and changing mindsets in government for improved policies leadership innovation digital government transformation and partnerships.
Two specific sessions that will be of great interest to local authorities and MCR partners are:
- Risk-informed Sustainable Development: Accelerating Resilience in Cities and Local Communities through Digital Government Innovation.
- Innovation and Digital Transformation at the Local Level for Enhanced Public Service Delivery.
These sessions will provide valuable insights and strategies for leveraging digital innovations to enhance resilience, sustainable development and the delivery of public services at the local level.