Equity and Climate Solutions in Cities: Accelerating Actions by Key Actors
by World Resources Institute (WRI)
- | Multi-level Action Pavilion, Blue Zone, Livestream available
Livestream link (passcode: 488635)
This event, in partnership with Slum Dwellers International and Mahila Housing Trust, will demonstrate how national, state, city/metropolitan governments, civil society and the private sector can collaborate to make cities around the world more equitable and sustainable. It will highlight strategies to tackle inequities and climate jointly in cities by focusing on urban infrastructure and service delivery in the areas of land and housing, water, sanitation, transportation, and energy.
WRI will launch a handy guidance document on how these key actors can center equity in climate mitigation and adaptation actions involving these key urban services that affect people's lives. The guidance is based on WRI's flagship report, Seven Transformations for More Equitable and Sustainable Cities, launched just before COP26.
- Ani Dasgupta, President & CEO, World Resources Institute
- Luis Donaldo Colosio, Mayor of Monterrey, Mexico
- Frannie Léautier, CEO of Southbridge Investments
- Joseph Muturi, Chair of Slum Dwellers International
- Bijal Brahmbhatt, Director, Mahila Housing SEWA Trust
- Carlos Lopes, Professor, Mandela School of Public Governance, University of Cape Town
Retrieved from https://www.wri.org/events/2022/11/equity-and-climate-solutions-cities-accelerating-actions-key-actors
Primary Contact: Anjali Mahenda, Director of Global Research, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities