Event: Smart City World Expo 2020
Dates: November 17-18, 2020
This year’s event becomes Smart City Live, a forum to keep our community connected, despite the current restrictions due to COVID-19. A leadership program that gathers high-level professionals from cities and companies all around the world.
- A live television broadcast: A full-day schedule of live content including interviews, debates and success stories focusing on urban development, mobility, consumption, and services, plus parallel workshops and side events.
- Digital sessions & workshops: A high-level gathering of key players and global institutions taking part in a series of digital sessions and side events to discuss the huge challenges that cities are facing beyond the post-pandemic short-term context.
Adapting urban mobility to safe and sustainable travel
- Adapting urban mobility to safe and sustainable travel
- Technologies to address global urban challenges
- Redesigning cities and urban living for all
- Ensuring an inclusive economic recovery
- Resilient infrastructures and urban environments to build back better
- The future of retail in a digital era
List of confirmed speakers (more will be announced):
- Ada Colau, Mayor, Barcelona City Council
- Takuya Hirai, Minister for Digital Transformation, Social Security, Tax Number System and Information Technology Policy, Government of Japan
- Parag Khanna, Global strategist and best-selling author, founder, FutureMap
- Carlo Ratti, Architect, engineer, director, MIT Senseable City Lab
- Saskia Sassen, Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology, Columbia University
- Sameh Wahba, Global Director, Urban, Disaster Risk Management, Resilience and Land Global Practice, The World Bank