Gender Equality Strategy 2022-2025
Published by UNDP on 13 September 2022
UNDP’s Gender Equality Strategy 2022-2025, aligned with its Strategic Plan, guides UNDP in its efforts to assist countries in accelerating progress on gender equality and the empowerment of women over the next four years. It aims to move beyond piecemeal efforts and to instead help countries to shift power structures and the economic, social, and political systems that perpetuate discrimination.
The Gender Equality Strategy 2022-2025 has been written in unprecedented times. The COVID-19 pandemic has imperilled every dimension of our wellbeing and amplified a sense of fear across the globe, and there is an alarming escalation in armed violence. This strategy responds to reflections around two key concerns. First, why has progress towards gender equality been so slow and scattered, and even reversed? Second, what can UNDP best do in response?
In the next four years, UNDP will accelerate and scale up results, working with countries and partners to contribute to gender equality, including by:
- Assisting 80 countries to expand care services and redistribute care work.
- Supporting 250 million women to gain access to productive uses of clean energy.
- Helping 1 million more women to access and control digital assets.
- Mobilizing over US$100 billion to contribute to gender equality through taxation systems, public spending, debt instruments and private capital investments.
- Certifying 500 public institutions and private companies with the Gender Equality Seal.
Access the full report and the summary version (in English and French) here: https://www.undp.org/publications/gender-equality-strategy-2022-2025